Pokerstars

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! The WBCOOP is a free online Poker tournament open to all Bloggers, so register on WBCOOP to play.

Registration code: XXXXXX 101962

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sweat session

I had my first tournament sweat session on Friday. It was with Irexes - whom many of us at Cardschat consider the best tournament player we have. I feel very fortunate to have been given this opportunity - it was very much like a coaching session. He played the $22 re-buy at Pokerstars and I was very fortunate that he was in for over 4 hours and went through several stages of the tournament. I learned so much from watching him. Mostly about getting reads and information on opponents, sizing bets and playing position. He really focuses on what he thinks the other players have rather than what he has. He takes a lot of notes on players and uses OPR to check rankings. He showed me what to look for. He also keeps the previous hand history pulled up to check cards played, etc. I feel like I have so much more information now to work with .

I took 2nd in the Cardschat USA vs World event yesterday. I am currently in the $11/30k gtd at stars and I am 280 of 626 and it pays 450. There were 4005 entrants.

YSY!

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

I hope this becomes a regular thing, you updating your blog. And yes I agree, Irexes is by far the best MTT player on CC right now. Also how is "Elements of Poker" coming along? I got a copy myself.

dakota-xx said...

I plan on getting into the book after my mother-in-law leaves this week.

And I will be updating my blog!