Pokerstars

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! The WBCOOP is a free online Poker tournament open to all Bloggers, so register on WBCOOP to play.

Registration code: XXXXXX 101962

Friday, November 21, 2008

Discouraging Month

November has not been pretty. I seem to lose no matter what I do.

I tried to get Pokertracker working again today and it was a nightmare. I ended up with a twisted ankle - and pokertracker killed my computer. Luckily I have 6 days left on the warranty.

But now I am stuck playing on the laptop for at least a week. I hate playing poker on a laptop. I can never get my bets made fast enough and end up timing out or being forced to make a quick minimum raise just to get a raise in. I like using a mouse. I have tried using one with the laptop but laptops don't like mice much lol.

And as much as I love this laptop - the delete button is the same as the period. So when I try to delete it just types periods most of the time. So I have to backspace instead of delete. Don't know why HP did that - you would think they would be smarter. Or maybe there is some secret to the delete button. I can't figure it out.

3 comments:

tenbob said...

Try a USB mouse, a laptop will generally auto detect it.

jim said...

Dax,
Circuit city has a wireless mouse on sale as part of their close out for $19.00. I got one last week for use by my laptop and I love it.

dakota-xx said...

Target had a $30 mouse for $9.99 on Wed so I bought one of those. Now I just need to wait until after dinner today so I can set my laptop up at my desk. I figured out if I turned off num lock I can use the delete - but that is not good when you are playing poker and try to type in a bet lol. And it still leaves a period after it deletes sometimes. Grrrr....