Pokerstars

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! The WBCOOP is a free online Poker tournament open to all Bloggers, so register on WBCOOP to play.

Registration code: XXXXXX 101962

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Poker Hurts My Feelings Sometimes

From my blog at:

http://collinmoshman.com/

I used to think I didn’t tilt much because I rarely get mad when I get a bad beat or lose a lot of games. I don’t post bad beats at the forum or rant and rave about how bad players get rewarded, accuse the sites of being rigged, slam things around, break things or throw tantrums.

But I finally figured out that I just tilt quietly inside in my own way. I let it hurt my feelings lol. I was doing great in the Pokerstars 30k one day – had a huge stack and was in deep. Then I lost it all on the river to a really bad beat. My feelings were so hurt. It took me weeks to forget that crushing blow. It reminded me of having a broken heart – hurt right in my heart center. Really lol. It was a physical and emotional blow. I got over it and I don’t think it will ever affect me like that again.

But it still hurts my feelings sometimes.

Now that I think of it – I am the same way in relationships – my husband will vouch for that lol. I don’t get angry – I just get hurt and withdraw.

But not for long hehe. Poker hurt my feelings on Monday and I was back playing with love in my heart by Tuesday afternoon. Gonna go give it some more love right now!