Pokerstars

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! The WBCOOP is a free online Poker tournament open to all Bloggers, so register on WBCOOP to play.

Registration code: XXXXXX 101962

Friday, September 26, 2008

Finding my poker game

I have played a lot of different games in the past few weeks trying to decide what I should concentrate on. I think I need a little bit more time.

I am still just playing a little on the cash tables - I have stuck to $25NL, one table at a time. I won't be reading my book until after I have finished HOH vol 1 - so I will take it slow for now. The good news is I am up almost $40 - so at least I am not losing lol.

I can't say the same for my tournament games - I am down about $80. It really isn't bad considering how much I have played. I have played everything from $1 games to a $30 game. I do okay in the smaller Cardschat games. The big tournaments I struggle getting to the money. I am asking for tips from friends at Cardschat. It is way too soon to give up lol. I will be starting on part 2 of HOH next week - I still have a lot to learn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dakota, with your extra time you should really (just my opinion) pick a game and learn the HELL out of it. Stick to either cash or tournaments and then seek out a friend/mentor on CC and have them help you out. For example when I started up on cash games I sought out the people I considered the best and kept (and still do) pick their brains. I'd watch their videos and read their blogs.

My point is that I've seen your game, you're good, and have the tools already in place to dominate 25nl. I think what you should do is really focus on cash games ONLY (or tournies) and put in the hands. Watch the user videos on CC and employ those strategies you learn in play. Good luck!

dakota-xx said...

Thank you for reading and replying. I read this a couple of days ago. The timing of your advice was perfect. I had just been thinking how I was spreading myself so thin and not focusing on any one thing. I am going to really start my effort on 25NL in Oct. Other than playing that I am mostly going to limit my tournament play to Cardschat games.

Unknown said...

Good good good......